The Council for the Study of Community Colleges (CSCC) is an affiliate of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and a project of the Center for the Study of Community Colleges. Council members include university-based researchers and community college
practitioners who further scholarship on the community college enterprise. CSCC objectives include:
- Contributing to the development of preservice and in-service education for community college professionals.
- Conducting and disseminate research pertaining to community colleges.
- Serving as a forum for dialogue between university professors, graduate students, and community college practitioners who study community colleges.
- Disseminating information about related conferences and events.
- Providing research and other services to the American Association of Community Colleges and its affiliate councils.
- Recognizing outstanding service, research, and publications happening within community colleges.
- Providing a unified and formal base of participation for CSCC members in AACC affairs.
The Office of Community College Research and Leadership proudly serves as the headquarters of The Council for the Study of Community Colleges.