Furthering Scholarship for Community Colleges
The Council for the Study of Community Colleges (CSCC) is an affiliate of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and a project of the Center for the Study of Community Colleges. Council members include university-based researchers and community college practitioners who further scholarship for community colleges.
CSCC Objectives Include:
- Contributing to the development of preservice and in-service education for community college professionals.
- Conducting and disseminating research pertaining to community colleges.
- Serving as a forum for dialogue between university professors, graduate students, and community college practitioners who study community colleges.
- Disseminating information about related conferences and events.
- Providing research and other services to the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and its affiliate councils.
- Recognizing outstanding service, research, and publications happening within community colleges.
- Providing a unified and formal base of participation for CSCC members in AACC affairs.